My Beloved Lizard Daughter Ru Yi

A lizard daughter? You might be bemused and wondering how I, or anyone, could have a lizard daughter. Yes, a lizard daughter I've had indeed. It is a very special, lovely and precious experience I have had, which I would like to share with you:


There was a little blue tongue lizard in my backyard, wounded (foot on right hind leg bitten off by some kind of animal), not moving. I brought it into our house, and it was still not moving. I took it to a vet, who said it had infection and was going to put it down because she thought it wouldn't be able to survive. I didn't want her to do that, so I took it home. I made a little sanctuary for her with a basin and some gumtree twigs and leaves and kept a lamp on to keep it warm. I picked it up to talk to her and did healing for her. I also fed it a little bit of beef mince. I had never been keen on reptiles, and this was my first time handling a reptile so closely, with love and care. When talking to and feeding the little blue tongue, my compassion brought me into tears.

That night, I had a dream-- I picked up a little girl aged around 3 to talk and play with her and pamper her. The little girl was so happy that she called me Mummy. I was holding her up lovingly in my arms, and at the same time I could feel her love for me. It was a lovely beautiful moment full of love. When I woke up the next morning, as I tried to remember that dream, the image of the little girl overlapped with an image of a head/mouth of a reptile. A question kept ringing in my head out of blue-- Was that a little girl or an animal? Then I suddenly realised that the blue tongue lizard had come to my dream to show me her appreciation of my love and care and call me Mummy-- also to let me know that 'she was a girl'! (I asked the vet if she could tell whether it was a male or female.) I named her Ru Yi (如意), derived from the sound of 'bluey', meaning 'as wished'.

The next 2 days Ru Yi was moving and eating more, and her eyes were open more often. She looked much better and I was happy.

As I had scheduled to go ove
rseas, so on 04 June (2013) I arranged to have Ru Yi taken away by an RSPCA volunteer, Lisa, to a reptile vet in North Sydney so that she could get proper medical care till she could be released back to my backyard where she was first found.

When I came back and rang Lisa on 13 June, she told me that Ru Yi unfortunately didn' t make it. Ru Yi stayed for anther day and was gone in the following night. The infection got into her system and she was not able to make it.

Oh, my beautiful angel, my beloved Ru Yi! You've come to teach me to open my heart and expand my love and compassion! Thank you, my little sweetie! Come to play with me in my dream and let me hear you calling me Mummy again, and again, and again....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands-on Healing (energy healing, touch or non-touching)

A Poem: Love is the Key (II)

Treatment Story: Balanced treatment is important